It’s the beginning of a new year and most of us are thinking hard about what we want to accomplish in 2016, what we need to improve, to do better. For the vast majority of churches, video has got to be on that list.
The fact is that only about 1/3 of all churches use any kind of video – anywhere – anytime – ever. So when we compare that to the statistics below, well, we’ve got some work to do.
But don’t take my word for it. Check out some of these amazing statistics below about the impact video is having in the world of communication and then think about how your church is – or is not – taking advantage:
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. – Brightcove
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-video users. – Aberdeen
- 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that published a poor quality video. –Brightcove
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more. – Visually Home page videos increase conversions by 20% or more.
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organizations without video. – Aberdeen
- Native video uploads to Facebook have 10x higher reach compared to shared YouTube links. – Social Bakers
- 70% of marketers claim video produces more conversions than any other content. – Vidyard
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. – Brightcove 62% of Google searches include video. –MarketingLand
- 4.8% is the average conversion rate for websites using video compared to 2.9% for those who don’t. – Aberdeen
- YouTube is 11.3x bigger than Facebook in terms of hours viewed, both on the web and in-app. – VentureBeat Every day, Americans watch 8,061 years of video content on YouTube, compared to 713 years of video content on Facebook.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device. – Twitter
- 74% of millenials find video helpful when comparison shopping. – Animoto
- 40% of consumers state that video increases the chance they’ll purchase a product on their mobile device. – Adobe
- Mobile makes up more than half of global watch time on YouTube – YouTube The number of hours people spent watching YouTube videos on mobile is up 100% year over year.
- “How to” searches on YouTube are up 70% year over year. – Google
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. – eMarketer